Make-up foundation comes in many different forms. The most common include liquid, stick, cream, BB cream, cushion cream, and a powder (mineral, loose or pressed) foundation. No wonder selecting the perfect foundation for your skin can be confusing. We haven’t even mentioned choosing a shade yet!
Foundation is a make-up product that creates an even finish to your skin, matching with your complexion, and is used on the face, neck and sometimes body. As the name suggests, it's the foundation for your make-up. Foundation has quite an interesting history. It’s said to have originated in ancient Rome and Greece, and here’s the thing, back then it was formulated with a poisonous chalk, also known as white lead. As you can imagine there were some pretty horrific side effects including losing teeth, hair loss and skin discolouration. During the 19th Century, foundation formula evolved (thank goodness!) into a liquid form, and it was in the 1930’s when powder foundation was first created, courtesy of Max Factor in Hollywood, who wanted to create a foundation that provided a more natural finish on screen. Its name? Pan-Cake.
Specifically considering powder foundations, and in particular mineral powder foundations, here at Nude by Nature we have a couple of best selling options for you to select from. There is Australia’s No. 1 Foundation* and one of our original make-up collection, Radiant Loose Powder Foundation or there is Flawless Pressed Powder Foundation.
When it comes to comparing different types of foundations to choose from, we recognise the top 6 benefits of our cruelty-free mineral powder foundations as being:
- 100% natural ingredients: Our mineral powder foundations are composed of 100% natural ingredients, such as Kaolin Clay, and are free from unnecessary chemicals, synthetic ingredients or preservatives often found in cosmetics. Like all Nude by Nature products each is cruelty-free.
- Suitable for all ages & skin types: Dermatologist tested and suitable for sensitive skin.
- Buildable coverage: Powder foundations are buildable, from sheer to full coverage so depending on the occasion - you control the coverage.
- Evens out complexion & conceal pores: Created to adapt naturally to skin tones, and even out the complexion.
- Non-drying formula: The good for you lightweight powder foundations are enriched with nourishing ingredients, leaving your skin feeling like you don’t even have make-up on.
- Naturally gluten free: Both of our mineral powder foundations are naturally gluten free. It is recommended to refer to product packaging for the full list of ingredients.
Each product is described in further detail below:
Radiant Loose Powder Foundation: Our best selling lightweight loose mineral powder foundation that delivers sheer to full coverage, evens out the complexion, covers redness and pigmentation, plus has SPF 15 protection. Key ingredients in this award winner are Kaolin Clay which absorbs excess oil, helps extends make-up wear and also Jojoba Esters, to nourish the skin.
Recommended Application: Use the Mineral Brush to buff the powder onto skin in light, circular motions, building it gradually to the desired medium to full coverage.
Have you tried our Foundation Finder tool? In just four quick steps, you’ll discover the recommended foundation match for you.