Just about to jump on the plane, and head away for a well earned summer break?
There’s nothing more exciting than planning a trip regardless of whether it’s a brand new destination, long weekend or a favourite spot you’ve visited many times before. As well as making sure you’ve organised your transport, travel insurance and accommodation plus reading up on the best sights to see, what you’re going to pack is a very important consideration.
Once you’ve decided on the bag(s!) you’re taking and number of shoes you can’t live without, toiletries and make-up are up there in terms of weight and also, which products are 100% necessary to pack. When it comes to beauty products, a great tip is to research the temperature and weather conditions you can expect whilst you’re visiting a particular location. Understanding this will definitely help you decide what to take with you, especially with regards to a humid or dry climate. Plus, if you’re taking a flight, you want to make sure you’re ready with the right beauty products to take in your carry on luggage that will keep your skin hydrated.
In order to take away any stress around which make-up products to pack, we’ve compiled the below list to help you make the big decisions about what to take:
1) Travel Size Make-up - Weight is always a big thing when packing your bag, especially if you’re going away for an extended period of time. There’s lots to take! It’s therefore a great idea to pack beauty products that come in a travel or compact size. Many retailers and beauty brands offer sets or kits that offer products in a travel size. For example, our Complexion Essentials Starter Kit includes the best selling Radiant Loose Powder Foundation, the ‘have in your handbag at all times’ Perfecting Concealer, our Travel Brush and Natural Glow Loose Bronzer. The kit comes in a convenient make-up case you can take with you as well.
2) Foundation - Generally, we like to go for a more natural, lightweight complexion finish when on a summer holiday. Plus, it’s always handy to have SPF protection included in your base make-up. One foundation category that fits the bill is BB Cream. They’re a hybrid between a skincare and make-up product designed to provide natural make-up coverage with skincare benefits, and often come with SPF protection. Elyse Taylor, the global face of Nude by Nature told us recently that she packs a BB Cream when flying, as she likes to create a natural make-up look when she disembarks, at her destination. Our Sheer Glow BB Cream delivers sheer to light coverage with a luminous finish and SPF 8. It’s lightweight, non-greasy texture is enriched with moisturising Aloe Vera. You may like to also throw the Flawless Pressed Powder Foundation in your handbag. It’s the perfect product for on the go touch ups delivering medium to full matte coverage for up to 8 hours. Either product will be perfect to have in your carry on, and to apply before you get off the plane, ensuring you are looking energised and ready for your holiday!
3) Concealer - Whether it’s hiding skin imperfections, or the fact that you’ve been hitting the Hvar clubs, a good concealer is an essential to take with you. In addition to the Perfecting Concealer (mentioned above), we also have the Flawless Concealer which is a long wearing stick concealer that expertly camouflages dark circles and imperfections, and is formulated with good for you ingredients including Bamboo Powder for a soft focus effect, and the antioxidant rich Kakadu Plum.
4) Highlight & Contour - Adding definition and radiance to our facial features is never a bad thing! The best way to do this is by highlighting and/or contouring. The good thing with this category of products is that they are quite often multi-purpose and can be adapted to use for example as an eye product. Our Contour Palette is a versatile palette for quick contouring with three easy to blend matte shades to sculpt, define and highlight. Or there is the Sheer Light Illuminator which is a light-reflecting liquid illuminator that adds a beautiful sheen to the skin. It can be used as a base or applied over make-up. It can also be mixed into liquids to add a subtle glow to your skin. One of our most popular highlighting products is the Touch of Glow Highlight Stick that comes in three iridescent sheer shades. It’s an easy to use glide-on cream-to-powder highlighting stick that adds intense colour and shimmer, and is composed of active natural ingredients including Desert Lime and Vitamin E.
5) Eyes - A couple of key versatile eye products is likely all you need to create your summer holiday make-up looks. A pressed eyeshadow palette such as the Natural Illusion Eyeshadow Trio - Nude which comes with three eyeshadows and a cruelty-free double ended brush, means you can build colour with the richly pigmented shade selection. Our Contour Eye Pencil is a creamy glide on pencil with smudge tip for 2-in-1 use, as either a liner or for a soft blurred effect. It’s available in six shades and two finishes; matte or sheen. Mascara is a bit like concealer - don’t leave home without it! It’s probably already on your packing list. For an instant hit of definition to the eyes, mascara is what you need. Our Allure Defining Mascara has a unique flexible brush and buildable formula, that intensifies, lengthens and separates lashes. The formula is enriched with Pro Vitamin B5 to condition lashes over time.
We hope you have a wonderful, unforgettable summer holiday. Enjoy every minute!